"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Friday, March 5, 2021

Fabulous Friday 3/5/21

 This day has the feel of Monday! Anyone else start out there day feeling this way? I knew I was going to have a busy morning when I needed to pick up groceries at 8, and have Junior to the vet at 9:30, both are 15 minutes from my house, in opposite directions. I got out the door a few minutes later than I had intended to go pick up groceries, because I was waiting on Elijah to come hang out with Junior. I had already received the text that my groceries were ready. Once I got to Wal-mart I had to wait about 10 minutes before they brought groceries to my car. I had just received a notification that they had already delivered my groceries and I was like, "Oh no!" Two weeks ago they gave my groceries to someone else and I had to come back later in the day to get them. So, the lady starts loading groceries into my car, and I said "Davis" and she was like "Uh-huh" and I said, "Cindy Davis" and she said "yeah." So, I was looking and I am thinking that it wasn't enough groceries and then she puts something I didn't order in my van. I was like, "Those are not my groceries." She's like, "Huh?" I said, "those are not my groceries, I didn't order that." So, another lady comes up and she has a bunch of stuff and she's like "Cindy Davis" and I am like, "yes!" Thankfully they had not given my groceries to someone else, but they almost did. Apparently me and another person with the last name of Davis are on the same grocery cycle!!😩 I was talking to my friend Lynette and she told me I needed to change my name. I was like, "Yeah, I am going to change it to Cindy Cindy and then maybe I will get my groceries!" She then reminded me it wouldn't match the name on my debit card 😂 Anyway, once I got home I hurried through getting the groceries into the house. Once all the groceries were in I picked up the milk to put in the refrigerator and another bag fell on the floor...with the salsa shattering into pieces that flew in three different directions, getting 3 different rooms!!! I looked at the clock and I was like, I don't have time for this. I started trying to clean it up and Elijah went over to calm Junior down. I did the best I could and Elijah vacuumed, trying to get any glass that I hadn't swept up, after I left with Junior. I got to the vet right on time, frazzled, having gulped down a cup of coffee on the way. Once they were finished with him, they handed him back to me, then wanted me to pay and set up Junior's next appointment. It is hard to get your phone and debit card out when you have a dog in your hands. So, I set him on the counter and fished out my phone. A dog on one side of us decided he was too anxious to wait anymore and started barking and howling, which set off Junior, who immediately started barking, and then another dog joined them! I am still fighting my massive headache from yesterday, which was a migraine by 6 last night. Thankfully it is better, not migraine level, but still at barely functioning level. I finally got Junior's appointment set and got back in the van, it was 9:55 am. I seriously felt like the day should be over!!! I can't remember the last time I had a Friday start this rough. Plus, with Junior's shots he is a clingy mess, so we haven't gotten anything done today. Regardless, there are things I am thankful for today:

The sun is out

My headache is not as bad as it was yesterday

I got almost 10 hours of sleep (I don't think that has ever happened!)

Elijah helped clean up the mess I made this morning

Elijah helped get the groceries in

Elijah has been a rockstar with Junior today

Junior is taking a nap!!

Uninterrupted devotional time this morning

Junior is making progress on training

Junior got his rabies shot today so can now be around other dogs

Phone call with Lynette

Kayla is doing pretty good

Leftovers for lunch

Coffee

Thankful to be able to sit on the couch a few minutes

Got groceries

James 1:17-Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

What are you thankful for this week? What has gone right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.