"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Books, books, books

 If you know me at all, you know I LOVE to read. I am either reading a book, teaching from a book, researching from a book, deciding what book to read next, or adding books to my to be read pile. My dream job would be to read for a living, I truly love it that much. Matt and I both love to read and we have passed this love of reading on to our kids. 

Recently I asked a group that I am a part of for suggestions for humorous books. I don't know about you, but with the stress of 2020 I find that there are times I just need to read something less serious. One of the authors suggested to me was Michelle Pennington, specifically her Shaped by Love series. Can I just say how much I loved this series?? I literally laughed out loud with her books. Her first book in the series is "A Man Worth Shaving For." With my sarcastic nature, even the title struck my funny bone, much to Elijah's chagrin. It embarrassed him a little bit. But, as I was reading the book, he would get tickled at me laughing and told me how happy he was that I was amused. Laughter truly is contagious. I felt like the first and third books of this series were the best (the fourth is not out yet), but if you are looking for something funny to read, I highly recommend all these books. They are labeled Christian fiction, but they are not at all "preachy." (I know that can be a turn off for many) One of the main messages across these books was having a healthy view of your body image. Isn't that something that most people struggle with? The comparison game? Our body image? Again, I highly recommend them.

One of the ways that I keep up with the books I read and the ones I want to read is through a Goodreads account. What are you reading? Have you read anything funny recently? If so, please share!! How do you keep up with what you read? Do you have a Goodreads account? If so, please let me know, I would love to follow you, I am always looking for new books/authors to read :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.