"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Restart

I love to sleep in on Saturday's. Because of all of our commitments it is rare to have a free Saturday and an opportunity to sleep in. Oddly enough, I have noticed a disturbing trend over the last few months when I do sleep in...I get up irritable! I do not know why that is, but this morning I laid in bed until 7:15 and when I got downstairs Matt asked me a question, and by the third time I had to repeat my answer, I was very irritable and using an agitated tone. Obviously that is not how I want my day to go, or how I want to feel. While I don't know what causes the irritability, I am thankful that I had an opportunity for a "restart." I fixed my cup of coffee and sat down with my Bible and current devotional materials. I sat at the table and read, soaked in God's Word, while drinking that yummy cup of coffee, and then I prayed. When I got up from the table I felt refreshed and renewed! God is so good to me! What is your restart button? What do you do when you start out on the wrong foot? What happens when your day starts spiraling out of control in the middle of the afternoon? For me, I go and lay on my bed, in the dark, and start praying. I usually lay there for 20-30 minutes and it is enough to restart my day again, and I am able to get through the rest of the day. 
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.