"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Sometimes you are the bug

This morning as I came out to the kitchen to start the coffee pot, there was a stink bug on the floor. I looked right at him and told him I wasn't messing with him. I did not want to stink the place up with all his poisonous, stinky fumes. Yesterday, I was that bug. I had a nasty attitude and if anyone had bothered to mess with me I would have been putting those stinky poisonous fumes all over the place. I don't want to make excuses, so I won't. Life is very difficult right now and I have a lot of things hitting me all at once, and I was just completely overwhelmed by life. I didn't want to be the bug. I sat down, had a good cry and tried to get all those emotions out, but it just wasn't enough. I love what Lysa TerKeurst has to say about our emotions, "I can face things that are out of my control and not act out of control." Ouch. Can I really?! I know I can, I know it is a choice, but in the heat of the moment, do I let me emotions control me? Or do I have control over my emotions. Sigh. Yesterday, my emotions definitely had the control and I acted out of control. Not only with my words, but also my eating. I won't mention what I ate or how much, but let's just say it wasn't pretty. I am not going to dwell here, but today are you the bug? Are you stuck in a seemingly impossible situation and you can't see the way out? You are tired and weary of the situation and just about everything else? Lysa has a few more words of wisdom, that speaks to my heart, and hopefully to yours as well "God does work for the good... in all things... every single thing... even our most raw and seemingly impossible things... but we must know it even when we don't feel it and let God have His way."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.