"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Sunday, August 17, 2014

New Beginnings

There are so many new beginnings. I am thankful that each day we get a "do-over," that each day is a new day to do with what we want. I am thankful that His mercies are new each day.
 
We have had a lot of new beginnings recently, including the newest chapter in our lives: Greece.
 
Tomorrow, we will be embarking on another "new beginning." It's the beginning of the 2014-2015 school year. I am thankful that the mistakes I have made in previous years no longer matter, they are water under the bridge, washed away (kind of like my hat today, but that's another story!). I am thankful that problems we have had in past school years are just that, problems in the past, left there, never to be visited again.
 
This is a new school year, a new beginning and a new chapter. It's a chance to start over, leaving the past in the past and looking forward to what may come in the future.
 
I have started looking forward to this year. I even had a little (gasp!) excitement for this new year! I am excited for new opportunities and new beginnings. I am excited for new curriculum and new friends. We have made several friends who homeschool and have planned some field trips with them. I am excited for what God is going to do with this school year.
 
"They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:23
 
"But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13b-14
 
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
 
Thank you, Lord, for hope and new beginnings. Thank you, that You know the plans for this year and I don't. Thank you that your mercies are new every morning, and thank You for all You do for us. Your love is amazing, steady and unchanging, and we are leaning on Your everlasting arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.