"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Friday, August 8, 2014

It didn't come in a box

It didn't come in a box, but it has wheels!!!!


 
 
Today was a great day. Matt took today off so we could do some more exploring. The kids woke up without a ton of energy and wasn't up for our scheduled outing, so we revised our plans. We ended up going to the Embassy and Matt and the kids swam and I got my haircut. Then I picked up my car and drove home. All.by.myself. It was great!!!!! It had been 72 DAYS since I had driven a car! Can you imagine?? It was so freeing being able to drive again! I am very excited about my new found freedom.
This afternoon I worked a little bit on the school room (which I am still far behind on), then worked on puzzles with the kiddos.
This evening we had a game night. The kids had planned our dinner, dessert and the games we were going to play. This was the first time they had planned a game night and this was our first "official" game night. "Official" meaning it had been planned out in advance. We have spent many nights playing games, but this was the first planned one. Anyway, they took on this task with great excitement and did all the planning on Wednesday. They told me what they wanted for dinner and dessert to be sure that we had it on hand, and kept all the games a secret. They didn't argue, fuss or fight the whole time they planned it, and they didn't fuss at all tonight while executing their plan. Overall it was a great day. I love my family and I love days where we can spend so much time together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.