"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Sunday, April 28, 2024

Share Four Somethings March & April 2024 editions

It has been a while since I have been on here. We have had so much going on, and I also always think I need to write a book, instead of bare bones, so then I don't write at all. Then, the devil gets in my head and tells me no one cares anyway, so yea, the
struggles are real. I have been working 6 days a week since January, and it has been HARD. It has really affected my healing from mitochondrial dysfunction and my functional medicine doctor told me in Jan & Mar I needed to quit my nanny position. I finally did and my last day was this past Monday.

Anyway, I am happy to be able to look back over the month and link up with Jennifer to share my Four Somethings. I will be sharing things I've loved or disliked, something accomplished, something improved upon/or needs to be improved, and something I've noticed. Although, it might be more updates than staying on topic, LOL!

Something Loved or Disliked

Well, I disliked working 6 days a week, and I also disliked not getting a post in during March. I disliked the health struggles several family members are going through.

I have loved so much. I loved the little bits of snow we got in March.

My son turned 19 and we celebrated him.

My daughter is graduating college next weekend and she has had several choir tours/concerts and we have loved being able to go to them. She also had Junior/Senior formal, which she went to with her boyfriend and a group of friends. It also brings out all the feels as these are also the "lasts."

 
 
 
 
 
 

Something Accomplished

I made crochet baskets to help with organization.

I got a haircut.

I had a cyst removed from my face (non-cancerous, praise the Lord).

I got T-shirts made for our business.

I got personal T-shirts made as well because I was tired of having a mostly "gray" wardrobe.

I got all the camps planned for our business for the summer. 

I made an amigurumi bunny and started a cat.

I made a purse.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Something Improved upon or needs improvement

My health still falls into the "needs" improvement category. I have also been struggling with some depression. I am also wanting to improve my exercise routines, now that I will not be working 6-days a week. I go to a personal trainer on Friday's and I love her. IT has kept me motivated exercising since August, but I have slacked off some over the last few months. I want to get back into 4-5 day workouts. Going along with that, I want to buy a bicycle and get back into my walks. 

Something noticed

I have noticed that my memory is starting to improve, praise the Lord!! My fitness coach and husband noticed before I did, but that means what I am doing with my functional medicine doctor is working, and I am starting to see the benefits. I still have a LONG way to go, but I will take any progress!!

"To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Philippians 4:20

 "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17
 
What is something you have loved, accomplished, improved upon, or noticed this month?? To see what other bloggers are sharing this month head over to Jennifer's blog.

10 comments:

  1. The items you made are impressive! I feel you with the gray wardrobe. Fully 80% of my sweaters are gray or mostly gray. Congrats to your daughter on graduating from college! It sounds like she is very talented and is ending her college years on a high note (no pun intended (unless she is a soprano!)). I´m sorry to hear about your depression but that is great news about your memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! Yes, she IS a soprano, LOL! Might be time to update the wardrobe!

      Delete
  2. Celebrating your kids look so joyous! I also enjoyed reading about your accomplishments. Have an awesome May! See you next month!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the baskets and bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to both your kids! You have accomplished quite a lot this month. I hope your health continues to improve. I'm sure now that you won't be working 6 days a week it that will relieve some of the stress from your life. (I HOPE!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne, the accomplishments were from the last two months ;).

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you did a lot this month! I can relate to feeling burned out and overworked. I still struggle to find a balance since I increased my work hours and I feel like I mostly spend my time putting out fires or mindlessly scrolling when I should probably be sleeping. But I'm going to start strategizing for next school year.
    Yay for improved memory! That really is such a huge thing. Hoping your path toward recovery continues.

    ReplyDelete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.