"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Sunday, September 24, 2023

Share Four Somethings-September 2023

 I feel like I should start with a confessional, forgive me, Father, for I have sinned...I am not Catholic, nor do I have sins I need to confess here. I had INTENTIONS of posting here more frequently, even started posts, but alas, I failed again. Anyway, I am happy to be able to look back over the month and link up with Jennifer to share my Four Somethings. I will be sharing things I've loved, learned, read, and ate!

 Something Loved

I loved having my mom and nephew here last weekend. They came in from Indianapolis. I love that we live closer to them now and they can make weekend trips. I also loved having my older sister and her husband visit us as well on Sunday. They also came from Indianapolis to spend a few days in Amish Country, but came to see us for a while on Sunday. It was a good weekend.

Something Learned 

I am still learning a lot from my Friday morning fitness classes and I am able to share the knowledge with my husband and son. We are all benefiting from it. I am also still trying to learn more about my histamine intolerance and what I can and cannot eat. Some days are great and other days I am like "what did I eat?!" I go to a functional medicine doctor on Tuesday and I hope to get more answers and guidance.

Something Read

I have had another good month of reading. I have had 6-5 star reads since my last post. I won't say much about them, but if you want to know more, you can click on the cover of each book and it will take you to my review.

 
 
 

Something I Ate

I have eaten a lot of fruits, not enough veggies, and quite a bit of chicken and beef 😂. Pictured below, a chicken mango salad with pumpkin seeds (yum), peach muffins (okay, not great), and coffee from Cool Beans a local coffee shop (yum!).

"To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Philippians 4:20

 "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17
 
What is something you have loved, learned, read, or ate this month?? To see what other bloggers are sharing this month head over to Jennifer's blog (next weekend, because for once, I am EARLY!)

12 comments:

  1. Too bad those peach muffins were only okay but they sound super yummy!! How nice that family can come visit more often...and that you can make quick trips to Amish country! I would love that! I hope you have a great week ahead. Glad whenever you can blog. I always enjoy your posts! Hooray for being early to the party:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer, I really appreciate your encouragement and support :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good month! Is the Amish Country you speak of in Holmes County, OH? I grew in a small town of Salem, OH, about 1 hour from the Akron/Canton area and we used to make day trips to get cheese and other goodies from the Amish area there. Pray you have a fun October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, we went to Millersburg and Berlin, not sure if they are Holmes County, but maybe? I am still learning all that here, LOL! I have not been to Salem either, we live in Brunwick in Medina County. My son loves the cheese, fudge, peanut butter, and bread that we get in the Amish area :)

      Delete
    2. Awesome! We are hoping to go back soon :)

      Delete
  3. Yay for 6 5-star reads! I love when that happens. It sounds like you had a wonderful time visiting with family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, yes, I love when it's a month of great books! I do enjoy seeing my family, it is not often enough, so I enjoy it when we get together.

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you are settling into your new state, Cindy! That is HUGE! Rejoicing with you in all the extra time you are getting to spend with family - that is priceless! Sounds like a successful month in reading. I pray the Lord gives you wisdom regarding your histamine intolerance and you wisdom as you gather practical foods you can and cannot eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, thank you so much!! I appreciate all the prayers, it has been a LONG journey!

      Delete
  5. No apologies needed, friend! Write when you want, when you have something to say, when you can't NOT write! Meanwhile, enjoy those good books, delicious food, time with family, and moving toward good health.

    ReplyDelete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.