"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Saturday, August 27, 2022

Share Four Somethings-August 2022

Welcome back to share four somethings, a monthly link-up hosted by Heather Gerwing (thank you Heather!) where you literally share four somethings on the fourth Saturday of the month. The categories are Something Loved, Something Gleaned, Something Braved, and Something Achieved. Even if you do not participate in the link-up, I would love to hear your four somethings from the last month.

 Something Loved

I have several things for this category. We went to TN at the end of July to see my sister, niece, and brother-in-law and enjoyed our time with them.I also love the time we had as a family this summer. With Kayla in her third year of college I know that time is fleeting and I cherish the moments. And, Elijah got his driver's license this week. We are in a season of change as both kids are now licensed drivers and my time as a chauffeur is coming to an end. Elijah said it is scary that he can now drive by himself (and since they waived his driving test I can see where he is coming from). He is not anxious to get in the car and go off by himself, we'll see how he does going to work by himself on Monday!

Something Gleaned

Two quotes from one of the books I loved this month The Extraordinary Deaths of Mrs. Kip by Sara Brunsvold

"...we should never underestimate the life-changing gift of friendship."

"Authentic love is the greatest joy there is, Miss Kelly, but it requires a thousand little deaths to self." 

I also have a few from Bob Goff's Undistracted, which I also read this past month:

Sometimes we are so busy looking up and looking forward trying to figure out the next moves in our lives-or looking backward at all the places we have been-that we don't look down and figure out where we actually are.

We live much of our lives struggling for focus, unsure of how to interact with our family or friends. 

In a word, much of life can leave us feeling completely, inextricably, absolutely, and totally distracted. When this happens, one of the first casualties is our joy.

 Something Braved or Saved

Long story short, I injured my eye in December and it wasn't healing properly so on August 11th I BRAVED a Superficial Keratectomy (scraping my right eye) procedure. It was a bit traumatic and didn't quite go as well as it could have, but my eye is healing. I am two weeks out and continue to have blurry vision in my right eye, making it difficult to focus on reading, texting, etc., anything that requires close up focus. Signs are fuzzy when I drive, especially when I am tired. But, again, I am healing, and seeing progress.

Something Achieved

I have two things for this category this month. The first is that I crocheted a baby blanket (remember my goal to learn to crochet?). The second is that we got my daughter moved back to college and set up for her 3rd year!

 

So, what about you? What is something that you have loved in this month? Something you have gleaned? Something achieved and something brave? I would love to hear from you!
 
"To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Philippians 4:20
 
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17
 
To see what other bloggers are sharing this month head over to Heather's blog by clicking on the icon below.

 

12 comments:

  1. May the Lord give you many memory making moments with your family, Cindy, even as the dynamics change. I have Bob Goff on my wish list, but I haven't bought any of his books yet. I am so sorry you have been experiencing difficulty with your right eye, and I pray it continues to heal. Congratulations for learning how to crochet! And then for making a lovely baby blanket! Aww her room looks comfy, and she looks happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, I greatly appreciate the prayers!

      Delete
  2. Cindy, I am so sorry to hear about your eye injury and that procedure, Praying for complete healing soon! Great family memories certainly top your list, but that crocheted baby blanket is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of exciting things happening for you and your family! Congrats to the new driver!! And here's to a great year at college. I am so impressed that you made a complete blanket. I tried to learn and had hopes of crocheting as an evening hobby. My results were not nearly as successful - or cute! I have to admit, I am not sure I could have braved anything described as "scrape my right eye"!! Ugh!! Here's to complete healing and a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, we will NOT talk about how many times I started that blanket and started over ;) It was perseverance and God giving me extra doses of patience to get it completed. It's still not perfect but it is presentable. I unfortunately, did not have a choice on the eye. It's not something I ever care to experience again.

      Delete
  4. Your blanket is really pretty! I always appreciate people who have tangible skills.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having that eye procedure sounds a little scary! Congrats on braving that, and hopefully you'll be healed and seeing well again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, Cindy ... just reading about your eye surgery makes my eyes hurt! I hope your eye continues to improve. I loved "Mrs. Kip" too ... I had the opportunity to meet Sara Brunsvold at a book signing and she was just as sweet as she could be. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lois, that is awesome!!! I think it would be fun to meet an author :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.