"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Friday, May 28, 2021

Strawberry Jam - Paleo

 On our second trip to pick strawberries I decided I was going to make my own strawberry jam. I have been looking for one that is natural, with no extra ingredients, without sugar! It's near impossible to find that in the stores. So, Kayla and I picked waaaay too many strawberries and I made a yummy strawberry jam and ended up freezing enough strawberries to make this recipe two more times! By the way, not only is it 3 ingredients, it is fairly simple!! Win-win!

Here is the recipe:

4 cups fresh Strawberries

3/4 cup Erythritol or swerve (I used Swerve Sweetener Confectioners)

2 tbsp Lemon juice and zest

Instructions to make keto and sugar-free strawberry jam

  1. Remove the tops from the strawberries and slice into quarters.
  2. In a saucepan, combine all ingredient over medium heat.
  3. Bring the mixture to a light boil, stirring occasionally.
  4. Slowly begin to reduce heat every few minutes, letting the mixture continue to cook and thicken; stir occasionally
  5. When the mixture has reached your desired jam consistency, remove from heat and place into a Mason jar or other air-tight container.
  6. Place into the fridge and let cool; will keep for a few days.

**So, I wish the recipe actually had a time to cook on the heat because I am not sure how thick the jam is supposed to get, but mine has been runny both times I made it. It's fine, it still tastes good, but I am afraid I will burn it if I leave it on the heat too long.**

Have you ever made strawberry jam? Did it turn out like you wanted? What is your favorite jam recipe? I would love to hear from you!

 


I do not own the rights to this recipe, you can find the author and link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.