"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Monday, October 26, 2015

The story behind the rainbow

     I was recently reading Between Sundays by Karen Kingsbury where one of the main characters, Megan, volunteers at a youth center three times a week. The Lord reminded me of my passion for children and my desire to make a difference in their lives. I thought about that dream and how I had let it die. I found it interesting that He would use one of my favorite authors to remind me of this, but couldn’t image that it would change much.

                A few days later I felt the Lord calling me back to school, to get my Master’s Degree in Religious Education. I pushed back. It was only a dream to help children, how could I know this was real and not stemming from my own desire to change things? A few days passed and I had reached a crossroads. I could do what I felt the Lord calling me to do, or I could bury the dream. I felt like I was wrestling with God. That night I was praying and I told the Lord if He wanted me to go to school, then He needed to make it clear. I told Him I needed a big, bold neon sign. The very next morning as I was getting ready for my day Matt said “Look at that rainbow!” It was not raining so I was really surprised to hear him telling me to look at the rainbow. It was big, it was bold, not quite neon, but make no mistake I knew the Lord had given me my sign. It was very clear and you could see all the colors! The Lord gave me my sign; I acknowledged it and told Him okay, I would do His will. 
      That day I started researching schools and within a week I had applied and been accepted into Liberty University, doing their online program. I registered for classes, got the books and started reading. My classes started today (October 26, 2015). I am very excited and very scared about this newest adventure. But I know who holds my future and am secure in the knowledge that I am doing what I was called to do, so God will get me through it.



 This picture is for my MIL, who wanted me to do a back to school picture, lol. It's not from today, it's from yesterday, but I look the same. Maybe a little less put together today, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.