"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Sunday, October 11, 2015

God's Power

I believe in God and I believe in the power of prayer. I believe that God provides wisdom with decisions when we bother to ask Him for it. Don't believe me? Let me give you an example. In the Spring of 2014 Matt presented me with several places of where we would live next. We looked at the list and we prayed about it and sought God's wisdom. Sometimes it just doesn't seem to matter which one you chose. We picked Greece and we have been pretty unhappy overall here. However, I have seen evidences of God's grace and good come out of us being here.
So, another place that was on our list? Ankara, Turkey. Do you see my point yet? If not, google Ankara, Turkey and look at all that has gone on over there in the past year or so, and most recently this weekend. I could not be more thankful for God's wisdom and provisions of safety for my family. I am thankful that we did not chose Ankara as our next location.
Sometimes life is hard. Sometimes it is hard for a really long time. However, if you look hard enough you can find good in each and every day. It may be the smallest thing, but it is there. Today, if it feels like you have nothing to be thankful for, look around, find something. If you can find nothing I will say you are not looking hard enough. If nothing else, thank God that you are not living in an area where a peace rally turns into 80+ people dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.