"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Feelings update

We have been back from vacation for 3 weeks. Matt felt the need to point this out to me today. He said he feels like it has been the longest 3 weeks of his life. I looked at him and said "3 weeks?" He said "yes." It was one of those situations where you either laugh or cried. Unfortunately I did both. That will give you my current state of mind. I can not believe it has been only three weeks. I would agree with him that it feels much longer. They have been three hard weeks!
We are doing our best getting about getting out and about, and I am sure that is helping, but oh.my.word.
I don't even know where to begin, but if you happen to think of us, pray for us. We are all have a hard time.
Elijah is having serious anxiety issues. This has made it rough in school, not in school, at bedtime, during the night. I am not going to embarrass him by listing his behaviors, but I have seen regressions in so many areas (no worries, not bathroom issues!), and so many obvious ways he is anxious. Unfortunately, I can't get to what exactly is causing him to be anxious. Yesterday he said it was hard to make friends his age (yes, it is, it is hard to make friends period!). But, other than that, I don't know what is causing him to be anxious.
Kayla seems to be doing fine (right now), occasionally she gets quiet and just kind of looks at you, without saying anything and I can sense her sadness, but she's not talking either. Other times, she seems totally fine. 
Matt's job is going well. He enjoys the work, but he is stressed and not happy living here either. I think it's more our unhappiness that is affecting him, but he has not settled into this post like he normally would.
I feel like this move was a mistake. I feel like it was too much, too soon, with Matt coming off of Baghdad. Hindsight is always 20/20.
Although I feel like the move was a mistake, I know we will not regret it once we leave. We have made some friends, who I am sure we will stay connected with. The move will be good for us financially as well. Also, we have had a lot of time to reconnect as a family unit. We love being together and doing things together. Elijah asked Matt today if he could just stay home tomorrow. It was really sweet. And, Greece has an amazing History and it is really neat exploring all of it and I would be totally remiss not to mention it.
We are all exhausted and I know that is currently affecting our frame of minds, so again, if you happen to think of us, pray for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.