"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Monday, April 16, 2012

Rainbows

I recently posted a picture on facebook of a rainbow over our house.
One of the reasons this was so meaningful to me is because we had gotten a picture of a rainbow over our house when we lived in Kenya.
If you look closely in these pictures you can see the double rainbow, especially the one above...

 Another reason rainbows are so meaningful to me is because rainbows are so POWERFUL! I love rainbows, I think they are beautiful...but even better than that, is the meaning behind rainbows...
In case you don't know...rainbows are a reminder of God's promises...when Noah built the ark and God flooded the earth, he sent a rainbow as a sign and promise to Noah that He would never again flood the earth. Sure, we have floods, but all of mankind has not been wiped out since the days of Noah.
The Bible is full of God's promises and I am thankful that He keeps his promises!
The rainbow over our current house:

Thank you God for sending reminders that you still keep your promises!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.