"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Counting my blessings

This post is a little bit overdue. I have vented a lot of my frustrations, but have failed to take the time to acknowledge my blessings. So, in no particular order, the things that I am thankful for (so far) here in Greece..
  • that we are all together as a family
  • that we have found a Church to call "home"
  • that the people in the Church are very welcoming
  • that we are surrounded by beautiful mountains
  • that we are surrounded by beautiful beaches
  • that Matt has a job where he is home nights and weekends
  • that we have made some friends
  • that Matt has had a work car since the first week, allowing us to get around easily in the evenings and on the weekends
  • that we have access to a pool at the embassy (we had to pay for it, but at least we have access to one)
  • that we have a small American commissary
  • that we have access to mail services (incoming and outgoing)
  • that we are able to order things online and get them easily (that goes along with the one above this)
  • that the kids schooling is paid for, up to a certain amount
  • that the kids are excited already about some of the curriculum we have gotten in (Elijah is watching some of our Science videos and Kayla is playing with the Legos!)
  • that I met a person today who is going to connect me to who I need to be connected with in order to continue Kayla's music lessons (that was a mouth full!)
  • that I currently have a lot of free time
  • that our air shipment is here and that our sea shipment should be here within the next two weeks
  • that even though I feel like I am in a "waiting" season, this too shall pass
You are probably thankful that this sentence doesn't start with "that we."

A verse that was in my devotions this morning and then mentioned at Church this morning "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4

I am working on considering it Joy when I go through trails, and not just complaining bitterly. I know that God is working on me, and if I had to wager a guess as to which character He is working on, I would say it is patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.